“We are hoping our younger residents will enjoy discovering and creating a world of possibilities through the data in this new accessible format.”
Region-wide transit plan for Central Okanagan released The virtual Kelowna was created using a variety of data sets, which are available to the public for transparency, insight, and experimentation.
Story continues below advertisement
“We are constantly looking to use data to tell a story about our city and we saw this as an opportunity to introduce more people to our open data offerings,” Pabla said.“Who knows? Maybe a young person who starts off with the Kelowna Minecraft world gets more interested in geographic information and goes on to a profession in information technology or planning.”
The First Time Is Not Easy. Most people who have tried virtual reality once would like to experience it again. However, for most people, the first time is not an easy process as it usually requires some sort of adjustment. Some people say that after their first virtual reality experience, they felt very disjointed. Others complained about motion sickness. However, once they have tried virtual reality for a second time, they adjust well to the experience until they get so used to it.
How to download Minecraft City of Kelowna world:
- Click on the download link
- Unzip the compressed Kelowna World file
- On a PC with Minecraft installed, navigate to “$AppData$\Roaming\.minecraft\saves”
- Copy the uncompressed world folder to the “saves” folder. The KelownaBCCanada world will show as a new world in Minecraft.
The day was created with the goal of inviting and teaching people about geography and the use of GIS to understand the world we live in.2:19 Kelowna neighbourhood association upset with excessive development pressure in Pandosy Lakeshore area
Kelowna neighbourhood association upset with excessive development pressure in Pandosy Lakeshore area News
UndercoVR on Steam
- New community safety plan will deal with policing issues, says City of Kelowna
- Kelowna Fire Department welcomes community through virtual open house