DLSS is now available for the first time for mainline UE4 as a plugin, compatible with UE4.26. Enjoy great scaling across all GeForce RTX GPUs and resolutions, including the new ultra performance mode for 8K gaming.
Access the NVIDIA DLSS plugin for UE4 here.NVIDIA Reflex NVIDIA Reflex is a toolkit to measure, debug and improve CPU+GPU latency in competitive multiplayer games. It is now available to all developers through UE4 mainline.In addition to UE4 titles such as Fortnite, developers such as Activision Blizzard, Ubisoft, Riot, Bungie and Respawn are using Reflex now. Pull the latest change list from UE4 mainline today to improve system latency in your game.
Updates to NVIDIA RTX UE 4.25 and 4.26.1 The new NVIDIA UE 4.25 and 4.26.1 Branches offer all of the benefits of mainline UE4.25 and UE4.26.1, while providing some additional features:
SEGA’s VR Glasses Project That Didn’t Make It. Gaming companies also knew that Virtual Reality was going to become a huge thing in the gaming world. However, while they had the vision, they were lacking the technology we have today. In 1993, at one of the first Consumer Electronics Shows, SEGA announced the Sega VR headset for their Genesis console. The prototype glasses had head tracking, LCD screens in the visor and stereo sound. SEGA’s idea was to release the product for a mere $200 at the time, but technical development issues turned the idea into one of the biggest flops for the infamous gaming company. The product was never released on the market.
- Fixes for instanced static mesh culling (including foliage)
- Option to mark ray tracing data as high-priority to the memory manager to avoid poor placement of data in memory overflow conditions
- Introduced threshold for recomputing ray tracing representation for landscape tiles
- Compatibility fixes for building certain targets
- Inexact occlusion test support for shadows and ambient occlusion
With our work with ray tracing, DLSS and Reflex, NVIDIA is revolutionizing what is possible from a GPU.
- Ray tracing and DLSS are supported in the biggest PC game launchever – Cyberpunk 2077.
- Ray tracing and DLSS is supported in the most popular game – Minecraft.
- Reflex has been adopted by 7 of the Top 10 competitive shooters – Call of Duty: Warzone, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, Valorant, Fortnite, Apex Legends, Overwatch and Rainbow Six: Siege
Learn more about other NVIDIA developer tools and SDKs available for game developers here.