Patch Notes 1.1.0
- Improved stability and performance issues resulting in crashes for some players.
- WREST Versus - the FREE iOS Companion App[apps.apple.com] to WREST VR is LIVE! Prepare to scare your friends.
You are the Anomaly.
LuLu's systems are infected. You almost have full control of the Neptune. If Andy reaches the LuLu lab and purges the system, you will lose. You Must Stop Andy.
In this player-to-player, local versus version, Player 1 uses the head-mounted display (HMD), while Player 2 joins via iOS.
Player 1 plays as Andy Bishop, trying to find a way to open the LuLu Lab doors to destroy the Anomaly's virus. Player 1 must avoid traps, hack puzzles, and combat enemies all placed by the enemy player, Player 2.
Scare Your Friends
You are the Anomaly. Stop Player 1 from gaining entry to LuLu's mainframe room. Track Player 1's movements on a 2D map, accumulate resources and use them to place enemies and traps to thwart Player 1's mission.
• NOTE: THIS APP REQUIRES A SECOND PLAYER AND THE WREST VR PC GAME TO FUNCTION
• THIS APP WORKS WITH LOCAL MULTIPLAYER ONLY
• Use the WREST companion iOS App to play locally against a VR player using the versus mode in the PC VR game WREST
• Using the iOS App, become the Anomaly, an alien virus that has infected the starship Neptune and entered the dreams of its stasis passengers
Google Is Going In VR. Google has fully embraced the virtual reality experience and it is dedicating a lot of resources to it. In fact, Google Cardboard was once considered to be a side project for the company before it became a hit. Some people say that Google Maps' street view, which launched in 2007, was an early example of virtual reality. In recent years, Google hired a lot of people specifically for virtual reality and they are researching all aspects of it.
• Fight against the other player as they try to stop you from destroying LuLu, the ships' self-aware AI computer!
• As the Anomaly player, use the Neptune's systems and defenses, and some of your own tricks, to defeat the other player before they stop you.
Using the iOS VR Companion App
• Track the enemy VR player's location and health on the 2D top-down level map
• Collect and manage resources collected from the nightmares of passengers in stasis
• Upgrade your tech tree to unlock three tech levels of deployable and global abilities to horrify and defeat the enemy player
The game is said to feature a heavy emphasis on physics-based melee combat that favors skill over flailing, but Oculus says it won’t just be a series of arenas; we saw recently that moments in between combat will include looting, puzzle solving, and interactions with characters and the environment .
• Choose from over 12 abilities to activate or drag and drop on your enemy, such as
• Setting up traps like proximity mines to surprise and wound the enemy player
• Choose from four different types of horrific monster to deploy and defeat the player, both mechanical and biological
• Cause trouble by triggering scary sounds, malfunctioning the player's weapons, and turning off the enemy player's light source
• Place obstacles in the player's way and use them to your advantage
• Open, close, and lock doors with different types of devices to trap the player
The First Computer Virtual and Augmented Reality Headset – The ‘Ultimate Display’ Concept and the Sword of Damocles. If we could name one person as the father of Virtual and Augmented Reality headsets as we know them today, it would without a doubt be Ivan Sutherland. In the 1960s, he described the concept of the ‘Ultimate Display’ that would be able to stimulate reality to a point that the viewer would not be able to tell the difference between the virtual and the real world. His concept included a head-mounted display with 3D sound and tactile feedback, a computer that would create and maintain the virtual world through this device and the ability of a user to interact with objects from the virtual world in a realistic manner. Sutherland later created the first VR/AR head-mounted display, which was connected to a computer and not a camera, known as the Sword of Damocles. However, the contraption he made was too heavy for a person to wear comfortably on their head, so the device had to be suspended from the ceiling. Furthermore, the computer generated graphics were too primitive with wireframe rooms and objects.
• Upgrade your resource gathering capabilities by tactically placing resource boosters that feed off passengers in stasis.
This game is not a stand-alone app. It is intended for use in conjunction with WREST. VR headset is required. Local network competitive play with iOS and VR player. You need to have purchased WREST on Steam.
WREST is a sci-fi horror VR game about delving into nightmares to save an out-of-control spaceship from disaster. Solve a dark, twisted story and master edge-of-your-seat combat — but whatever you do, don't close your eyes. Available now on Steam.